There are N secret agents each know a different piece of
secret information. They can telephone each other and
exchange all the information they know. After the telephone
call, they both know anything that either of them knew
before the call.
What are the minimum number of telephone calls needed so
that all of the them know everything?
In training for a competition, you find that swimming
downstream (with the current) in a river, you can swim 2
miles in 40 minutes, & upstream (against the current), you
can swim 2 miles in 60 minutes.
How long would it take you to swim a mile in still water?
A farmer needs 8 gallons of water. He has only three unmared
buckets, two 6 gallon and one 11 gallon bucket.
How can he collect 8 gallons of water using three unmarked
buckets? Provide solution with minimal water wastage.
there is a desert. a professor has to cross it n it takes
6days for him to cross. there are enough food reserves and
students who can help d professor cross d desert. each
person including professor can carry only 4 food packets
with him while crossing the desert. in d desert also, each
person can hav at the most 4 packets with him and they need
to eat one packet per person per day during their travel.
how wil d professor reach the other side of desert??
There are 3 societies A, B, C.
A lent cars to B and C as many as they had already.
After some time B gave as many tractors to A and C
as many as they have. After sometime c did the same thing.
At the end of this transaction each one of them had 24.
Find the cars each orginally had.
There are 10 statements written on a piece of paper:
1. At least one of statements 9 and 10 is true.
2. This either is the first true or the first false statement.
3. There are three consecutive statements, which are false.
4. The difference between the numbers of the last true and
the first true statement divides the number, that is to be
5. The sum of the numbers of the true statements is the
number, that is to be found.
6. This is not the last true statement.
7. The number of each true statement divides the number,
that is to be found.
8. The number that is to be found is the percentage of true
9. The number of divisors of the number, that is to be
found, (apart from 1 and itself) is greater than the sum of
the numbers of the true statements.
10. There are no three consecutive true statements.
Find the minimal possible number?
Question asked in Infosys Campus Recruitment Held at
On an iceland few customs are there .Men always speak
truth, no women tells consecutive truth or false i.e. If
first statement is true ,second is false and vice versa.
same with children also.
There was a family couple and a child. A passenger asked
the child ?are you a boy or a girl? the boy spoke german.
one of the parent said ? he is a boy? the other said ?he
is a girl? ?he is lying?.
(i)The kid is boy or girl
(ii)who spoke the first mother/father
Veeru says to Jay, "Can you figure out how many Eggs I have
in my bucket?" He gives 3 clues to Jay: If the number of
Eggs I have
1. is a multiple of 5, it is a number between 1 and 19
2. is not a multiple of 8, it is a number between 20 and 29
3. is not a multiple of 10, it is a number between 30 and 39
How many Eggs does Veeru have in his bucket?