| Other General Aptitude Interview Questions |
|| Asked @
|Suggest me good book for preparation of Assistant
Administrative Officer (AAO)
|A anb B working seperately can do a piece of work in and
12 days respectively . if they work for a day
alternatively , A begining , in how many days ,the work
will be completed..(** please give the explanation**)
|which country never wins bookers prize ?
|who translated the novel NIL Darpan in English?
a) Rabindranath Tagore
b) Madhusudan Dutta
C) Dinabandhu Mitra
d) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee.
|Selling a ac gains 25% on SP.what %gain on CP.
|1. Find min value of fn:
|-5-x| + |2-x|+|6-x|+10-x|; where x is an integer
2. units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is:
3. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A
n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph.Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st
hr,2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on…when will they meet
i in 7 hrs
ii at 35 kms from A
iii in 10 hrs
4. (8*76+19*?-60) / (?*7*12+3-52)=1
5. 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transpot expense
2190/-.2760/- on octroi . Find SP/piece to make profit of 20%
6. in a 2 digit no unit’s place is halved and tens place is
doubled.diff bet the nos is 37.digit in unit’s place is 2
more than tens place.
7. if x-y + z = 19 , y + z =20 , x-z=3 , find d value of x+4y-5z
8. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
9. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comp’s A B & C is 4:7:5
and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp
had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the
prod of Comp B this yr?
10. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to
81.what is two fifth of that no.?
11. If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs
then what is d rate?
12. If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of
sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius
and height of the cylinder
i. R= H
ii. R= (3/4)H
iii. R = (4/3)H
13. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending
14. A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 12 yrs, how
old will B be?
15. Boat goes downstream from P to Q in 2hrs, upstream in
6hrs and if speed of stream was ½ of boat in still water.
Find dist PQ
16. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes
contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of dried grapes
when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes?
2kg / 2.4kg / 2.5kg /none
17. How many 5 digit no. can b formed wit digits 1, 2,
3,4,5,6 which r divisible by 4 and digits not repeated
144 / 168 / 192 / none
18. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each.
He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money
of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min
no. of such bags reqd
10 / 17 / 15 / none
19.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are
60m X 20m.There is a walkway of uniform width around garden.
Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
20. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0
miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages
20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race
at same tym, who’ll finish 1st
Jack/Sandy/they tie/Impossible to tell
21. A man engaged a servant on a condn that he’ll pay Rs 90
and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for
9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of
i. Rs 10 / 19 / 0 / 55
22. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black
mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does
it align again for the first tym?
23. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
24. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the
average of the nos.?
Direction for Qn 1-8
Ans A using I only
Ans B using II only
Ans C using both I and II
Ans D not solvable
1. Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many
eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the
beginning of day
2. What is the age of Ramprakash?
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
ii. Ramprakash’s mothers age is 3yrs less than his
3. How much time is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 megabytes
4. Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai to
Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay
overtakes Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
5. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
i. GDP’s of X and Y has been increasing at a
compounded annual growth rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 yrs
ii. 5 yrs ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y
6. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12
hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey?
i. The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time
each way and 20 mins waiting time at each end.
7. What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is
greater than n.
ii. The product of m and n is 30
8. How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
Direction for Qn 9-12
Five teams participated in Pepsi Cup. Each team played
against each other. The top teams played finals. A win
fetched 2 pts and a tie 1 point
1) South Africa were in the finals
2) India defeated SA but failed to reach the finals
3) Australia lost only one match in the tournament
4) The match between India and Sri Lanka was a tie
5) The undefeated team in the league matches lost in
6) England was one of the best teams that did not qualify
9. Who were the finalists?
i. SA & India
ii. Aus & SL
iii. SA & SL
10. Who won the finals?
iv. Can’t be determined
11. How many matches did India Win?
iv. can’t be determined
12. What was the outcome of the India England Match
i. India won
ii. England won
iii. It was a tie
iv. Can’t be determined
Direction for Qn 13-14
These qns are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon.
The players will be seated on a dais along one side of a
single rectangular table.
A and G have to leave the luncheon early and must be seated
at the extreme right end of table, which is closest to exit.
B will receive Man of the Match and must be in the centre chair
C and D who are bitter rivals for the position of Wicket
keeper dislike one another and should be seated as far apart
E and F are best friends and want to seat together.
13. Which of the foll may not be seated at either end of
14. Which of the foll pairs may not be seated together?
i. E & A
ii. B & D
iii. C & F
iv. G & D
Direction for Qn 15-18
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The
offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and
they are separated from each other by dividers>hence voices,
sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to
Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often throughout the
day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as they need to
consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior
employee and his to be allotted the office no. 5, having the
Mr D requires silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr M and
Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic
and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by
non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees
maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hrs.
15. The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr.
B will be
i. Miss H
ii. Mr. M
iii. Mr. T
iv. Mr. D
16. The three employees who are smokers should be seated
in the offices
i. 1 2 4
ii. 2 3 6
iii. 1 2 3
iv. 1 2 3
17. The ideal office for Mr. M would be
18. In the event of what occurrence within a period of one
month since the assignment of the offices would a request
for a change in office be put forth by one or more employees?
i. Mr D quitting smoking
ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by
iii. The installation of a water cooler in Miss H’s office
iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia
Direction for Qn 19-20
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x-y axes. The robot is
moved by feeding it with a sequence of instructions. The
different instructions that can be used in moving it, and
their meanings are:
GOTO(x,y) move to pt with co-ord (x,y) no matter where
u are currently
WALKX(P) move parallel to x-axis through a distance of
p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in –ve if p is –ve
WALKY(P) move parallel to y-axis through a distance of
p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in –ve if p is –ve
19. The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3
instr. Is executed, the first of which is GOTO(x,y) ,
WALKY(2), WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y??
20. The robot is initially at (x.y), x>0 and y<0. The min
no. of Instructions needed to be executed to bring it to
origin (0,0) if you are prohibited from using GOTO instr. Is:
iii. x + y
Direction for Qn 21-23
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one
of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3 coins,
and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more coins
than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
21. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no.
distr. to P then which one of the foll. is necessarily true?
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
iii. S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
22. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of
the foll is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
23. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the
foll. is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii. R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv. P and R together get at least 5 coins
Direction for Qn 24-25
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as
Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
24. What is sufficient to estimate Elle’s age?
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the
same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above
iv. None of the above
25. Which one of the foll. statements can be inferred from
the info above
i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii. Elle is older than Waheeda
iii. Elle’s age may be less than that of Waheeda
iv. None of the above
|A contract is to paint 3 houses. Mr brown takes 6 days to
paint a house. Mr black takes 8 days and Mr blue 12 days. Mr
brown leaves for a vacation after 8 days. Mr black works for
6 days from then.How many days would Mr blue require to
complete the contract?
|A shopkeeper allows 10% discount on the price of an article
and sells it for Rs. 7,600. What is the market price of the
(a) Rs. 8,250
(b) Rs. 8,500
(c) Rs. 8,540
(d) Rs. 8,415
(e) None of these
|what is the angle between teo hands of a clock when time is
|For more General Aptitude Interview Questions Click Here |