there is no comparision between army and cpmfs because
cpmfs are incepted with a particular objective for each one
i.e. bsf crpf itbp ssb cisf. now according to govt there is
no equivalent in cpmfs to lt col in army but in field a lt
col can stand in front of second in command in performing
duties and in service of nation . because generally 2ic
leads a battallion in cpmfs . in bsf 2ic has more admin
powers it performs very hard duties he leads a battaloin
because commandant narmally remains busy in internal
secureity matters he performs border security 365 days in
personal,he monitors ,exectes ,border security
functions ,performs counter insurgency operations, protects
our borders from infiltrators face bullets on his chest
in all these, executes anti terrorism operations he has
more admin powers than lt col in army ,and in army lt col
remain busy in office works and normally executes paper
works . all the difference is only due to the wrong govt
policy , because it has give 37400 pay band to lt col and
left second in command in 15600 which is absolutely wrong
an is injustice against central paramilitary forces, the
point shuuld be noted that the objective of bsf is to
protect our borders 365 days and to beat opponent
nation`s defence during war it becoms a multiplire of
indian army during war the maha veer chakra veer chakra
sena medal shaurya chakra and many more need no
evidence jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai hind
jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai bharat ajay seema suraksha bal .
REPLY FOR BOTH QUESTIONS AND CORRECTION TO ABOVE MISS INFORMATION.
1. First of all u said Lt Col is equivalent to Asst commandant, gentleman pl go and brush up your knowledge,refer protocol and rank eqv in services, paramilitary and police services vide govt of india order 1957,127(B),165(c)and Defence service regulations (DSR) service eqv 1894,1933,1967 and 1997 ammendements. Lt col is eqv to 2ic in PMF and DCP in police service.In RR, AR and during emergency or war Lt Col is eqv to SSP in Police and powers are same with addn to some special power act empowered by AFSPA.
2. Secondly duties of Lt Col in war,CI,CT, he is ensures adm of tps under his regt, handling POWs, maint of WAR diary, Planning and execution of ops, lead men from front in every operations by est close sp base, briefing and Debriefing of men under command.During war a coy cdr who could be Capt,Maj and in some cases a Lt also is empowered by president to operate indpdt to take key comd decisions and to instr or order Police and PMF to act to fulfill or execute cdrs plan on ground and he is empowered more power than commandant of PMF Bn and SSP of an Area.
3. Thirdly Glorious history of Armed Forces is filled with examples of bravery,chivalery of men of armed forces weather he is a LT to win MVC at age of 17 and 6 days after completion of trg or he is a 52 year old Brig to fight enemies with stones when bullets finished and won MVC.
4. I wont go in much past, 2010 a YOUNG Lt Col(In Army soldier is always young to fight unlike pot bellied police) 45 year old won SM for single handedly killing 6 millitants who sneaked into LoC through BSF post (with gap of just 300 m,refer punjab kesari 12 june 2010 u will get the photo of tampered fence and post together dist was 120 m and millitants successfully crawld in).
5. Gentleman it is wrong to compare an ARMY of country to its PMF or Police in any sense.You should have given positive statements to motivated people and raise moral of people who feel they are safe because he know that all forces are awake doing there duties.
Assistant Commandant of CPMFs is equivalent to Lt Col of
Army in terms of roles and tasks, as both are Company
Commanders except for seniormost Lt Col of an Army unit who
is designated as second-in-command of the Battalion. But
paywise there is no parallal between the Army and CPMFs due
Is This Answer Correct ?
Other Everything Else AllOther Interview Questions
I have Interview of Junior Assistant in Airport Authority
of India on next week. Please anybody give me guidance for
that I will be very thankful.