:: Home Page            
 Advertise your Business Here     
Browse  |   Placement Papers  |   Company  |   Code Snippets  |   Certifications  |   Visa Questions
Post Question  |   Post Answer  |   My Panel  |   Search  |   Articles  |   Topics  |   ERRORS new
   Refer this Site  Refer This Site to Your Friends  Site Map  Bookmark this Site  Set it as your HomePage  Contact Us     Login  |  Sign Up                      
Categories >> Software >> Operating Systems >> Data Structures


 Windows interview questions  Windows Interview Questions (339)
 Linux interview questions  Linux Interview Questions (451)
 Unix interview questions  Unix Interview Questions (455)
 Solaris interview questions  Solaris Interview Questions (781)
 RTOS interview questions  RTOS Interview Questions (43)
 Bulnex interview questions  Bulnex Interview Questions (4)
 Operating Systems General Concepts interview questions  Operating Systems General Concepts Interview Questions (261)
 Data Structures interview questions  Data Structures Interview Questions (67)
 Operating Systems AllOther interview questions  Operating Systems AllOther Interview Questions (48)
What do you mean by: Syntax Error, Logical Error, Runtime Error?
 Question Submitted By :: Data-Structures
I also faced this Question!!     Answer Posted By  
# 1
Syntax Error-Errors in coding which do not follw language
syntax format. It can occur by human mistak in typing & due
lack knowledge of language .

EX - Ram are a boy. error
correct- Ram is a boy.

Logical Error- Here is correct, program will execute
properly but not give answer correct.

EX- Table is a boy syntax correct
but meaning is not

Runtime Error- overflow, underflow, out of memory capacity.
Is This Answer Correct ?    134 Yes 23 No
Vivek Tiwari
# 2
Syntax error occurs when there happens to be a misuse of a
programming language's instructions.It happens at the time
of compilation.such errors need to be rectified before
proceeding further.
1> x_y+z will cause syntax error as '_' is not an
assignment operator.
2>if(a=b) will cause syntax error as '=' is not relational

Runtime Error occurs at run-time.Such error cause a program
to end abrubtly or even cause system shut-down.Such errors
are hard to detect.
e.g. Error caused due to low system memory.

Logical Error :- It may happen that a program contains no
syntax or run-time errors but still it doesn't produce the
correct O/P.It is because the developer has not understood
the problem statement properly.These errors are hard to
detect as well.
e.g. Error caused when any loop is not closed at the right
Is This Answer Correct ?    54 Yes 7 No
Asit Ranjan
# 3
Syntax Error-Synatx Error is due to lack of knowledge in a
specific language. It is due to somebody does not know how
to use the features of a language.We can know the errors at
the time of compilation.
logical Error-It is due to the poor understanding of the
requirement or problem.
Runtime Error-The exceptions like divide a number by 0,
overflow and underfloe comes under this.
Is This Answer Correct ?    66 Yes 23 No
Ajaya Kumar
# 4
A logic error (sometimes called a semantic error) is a bug
in a program that causes it to operate incorrectly, but not
to terminate abnormally (or crash). A logic error produces
unintended or undesired output or other behavior, although
it may not immediately be recognized as such

A syntax error ( IPA: /ˈsɪntęks ɛrə(ɹ)/ ) refers to an
error in the syntax of a sequence of characters or tokens
that is intended to be written in a particular programming
language.For compiled languages syntax errors occur
strictly at compile-time.

A runtime error is a computer error that appears in the
form of a message box consisting of a particular code along
with its corresponding definitions. Usually, a user will
notice that the computer becomes noticeably slow before a
runtime error appears.

Is This Answer Correct ?    25 Yes 6 No
Prathap Reddy
# 5
syntax error is the poor understanding of the language ie
grammatical error
Ex printf("bbsr")
this is syntax error because every c statement should
terminate by semicolon

logical error is the poor understanding of the program ie
program is grammatcally correct but you will get unexpected
result due to incorrect in program logic
Ex: suppose our program is add two integer.In program you
have written a-d instead of you will get unexpected

runtime error is the bug(error) at run time.
Ex something divided by zero, 44/0
Is This Answer Correct ?    15 Yes 3 No
Bipin From Utkal University
# 6
syntax errors:it occurs when rules of a programming language are missued ,when a grammatical rule of c++ is violated.syntax refers to formal rules governinp the construction of valid statements in a language runtime errors:it is occurs during thr execution of programme logical errors: a logical error is an reeor introduced in a programme by incrroct translation logic of the programme 
Is This Answer Correct ?    10 Yes 4 No
Aatish Gupta
# 7
syntax error..means error in the formats.

logic error means error in the pgm logic

run time means error accurs at run time..
Is This Answer Correct ?    19 Yes 17 No

Other Data Structures Interview Questions
  Question Asked @ Answers
The element being searched for is not found in an array of 100 elements. What is the average number of comparisons needed in a sequential search to determine that the element is not there, if the elements are completely unordered? Morgan-Stanley 11
What is the average number of comparisons needed in a sequential search to determine the position of an element in an array of 100 elements, if the elements are ordered from largest to smallest? ABB 18
Parenthesis are never needed in prefix or postfix expressions. Why? Microsoft 11
What does abstract data type means? TCS 23
Which sort show the best average behavior?   9
applications of stacks and their uses? Samsung 1
I am given a sequential algorithm that does a routine search on an unordered list. N = 20. The probability that the value x does NOT appear in the list is exactly 60%, and the probability that x DOES appear is 40%. The 3 questions that I could not get were: A) What is the avg number of element comparisons performed when n = 20 and x does NOT appear in the List. (my answer was 20, is this correct?) B) What is the avg number of element comparisons peformed when n = 20 and x DOES appear in the list? C) What is the avg number of element comparisons performed when n = 20. This should be a single number answer they said.   3
what is the different between B-tree and B+ tree. Syntel 7
Which one is faster? A binary search of an orderd set of elements in an array or a sequential search of the elements. Syntel 22
simple algorithm for bubble sort?   1
how to search an element in sorted linked list with time complexity is O(log n). Wipro 3
what is mean by d-queue?   10
For more Data Structures Interview Questions Click Here 

Copyright Policy  |  Terms of Service  |  Articles  |  Site Map  |  RSS Site Map  |  Contact Us
Copyright © 2013  All Rights Reserved.   ::