I am given a sequential algorithm that does a routine search
on an unordered list. N = 20.
The probability that the value x does NOT appear in the list
is exactly 60%, and the probability that x DOES appear is 40%.
The 3 questions that I could not get were:
A) What is the avg number of element comparisons performed
when n = 20 and x does NOT appear in the List.
(my answer was 20, is this correct?)
B) What is the avg number of element comparisons peformed
when n = 20 and x DOES appear in the list?
C) What is the avg number of element comparisons performed
when n = 20. This should be a single number answer they said.
Q#1: An algorithm is made up of 2 modules M1 and M2.If
order of M1 is F(n) and order of M2 is g (n) then what is
the order of the algorithm.
Q # 2 : How many binary trees are possible with 3 nodes?
with 4 nodes?