1. Reducing Scope of the work.
2. Parallelizing non dependent activities.
3. Identify & Ensure the completion of critical activities.
4. Early identification and minimizing risks and issues.
5. Outsourcing non critical activities which can be completed
by the external agency at lower cost.
6. Continuous follow-up for the delivery of long lead time in
the procurment area.
7. Avoid rework.
8. Effective utilization of manpower (resource leveling).
9. Pay attention to planning & Schedule.
1. Identify whether its under scope or not ?
2. If its with in the scope, then there is a mistake on
effort/cost estimation or in the planning.
3. Here the case.. we should delivery with in the budget or
4. Revise the plan and make it strictly.
5. When you revise the plan, you will identify the resource
who is lead and lag.
6. Have meeting with the team mates and let them know the
situation and increase the work time.
7. According to ur revise plan ( allocate the idle resource
and lead resource ) start doing the work.
8. Make sure the daily review and work towards the revised
plan which you made against your requirement ( Delivery with
in the cost is the purpose).
1. involving appropriate stakeholders at right time and right place.
2. involving user during baseling
3. concurrent engg.
5. Refining policies and procedures during lifecycle
MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
appoint a right project manager
-- You are a project manager in a large software house of
375 staff in total. The company has been running for 5
years. The company has been CMM assessed at level 3. The
company has many external clients for whom it develops a
wide range of business applications.
-- Most of the company‘s applications are developed in
Java. The waterfall lifecycle development model is normally
used in developments.
-- The company has historically suffered from the type of
problems that are common in the software industry. In
particular systems have been delivered not always to user
requirements and containing faults. The managing director
of the company is very keen for improvements to be made in
-- You are in charge of a project team of 8 developers, 2
requirements engineers and 3 testers. Your team is just
about to start a new development.
System to Develop :( Exact Question )
-- Your team is about to start to develop a novel vehicle
navigation system for physically impaired drivers. The
navigation system not only identifies the correct route for
the driver in the normal way, but also controls the
steering wheel to navigate the car to the destination
identified by the driver.
-- A basic statement of requirements has been received from
the customer and budget and timescales have been formalised
into a contract.
Requires TASK to write :
-- You must write a short report (maximum of 1 page) for
the managing director of your company outlining how you
propose to ensure that this project improves on previous
projects in terms of delivering to user requirements and
without faults. Your report must include how you propose to
show improvement on these issues to your managing director.
Also please tell me how should I choose the best software
model when given scenarios like these ...?