These questions were asked at NICL for the post of
1. Questions on B.Tech Project
2. What is camshaft and its working
3. Shape of a Cam
4. If Otto and Diesel Cycle has same compression ratio that
which will have higher efficiency
5. Effect on IC Engine efficiency if inlet temp increased
6. Who is the current world champion in Chess(as of Sept 2012)
7. Sports person involved in dope charges(Lance Armstrong)
8. Formula for Otto cycle efficiency in terms of temperature
9. 2016 olympics will be going to held in which city
What is D-FF?
What is the basic difference between Latches and Flip flops?
What is a multiplexer?
How can you convert an SR Flip-flop to a JK Flip-flop?
How can you convert an JK Flip-flop to a D Flip-flop?
What is Race-around problem? How can you rectify it?
Which semiconductor device is used as a voltage regulator and why?
Explain an ideal voltage source?
Explain zener breakdown and avalanche breakdown?
What are the different types of filters?
What is the need of filtering ideal response of filters and actual response of filters?
What is sampling theorem?
What is impulse response?
Explain the advantages and disadvantages of FIR filters compared to IIR counterparts.
What is CMRR?
Explain half-duplex and full-duplex communication?
Which range of signals is used for terrestrial transmission?
Why is there need for modulation?
Which type of modulation is used in TV transmission?
Why we use vestigial side band (VSB-C3F) transmission for picture?
When transmitting digital signals is it necessary to transmit some harmonics in addition to fundamental frequency?
For asynchronous transmission, is it necessary to supply some synchronizing pulses additionally or to supply or to supply start and stop bit?
BPFSK is more efficient than BFSK in presence of noise. Why?
What is meant by pre-emphasis and de-emphasis?
Explain 3 dB cutoff frequency? Why is it 3 dB, not 1 dB?
Explain ASCII, EBCDIC?