hello friends Im doing my final year engineering in B.Tech..
one of uncle said he can provide job in his company if im
good in database management. but i have only basic knowledge
about database, so like to join database management course
in good intuition. so friends kindly help me to get good
intuition because its my future.
create or replace procedure show_tab_rec ( P_tab VARCHAR2 )
cmd := 'select *
from '|| P_tab;
for int in ( execute immediate cmd )
dbms_output.put_line ( int.ename||' '||int.deptno);
when i m compling this procedure i m getting this error
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "IMMEDIATE" when expecting
of the following:
. ( ) , * @ % & | = - + < / > at in is mod remainder not
range rem => .. <an exponent (**)> <> or != or ~= >= <= <>
and or like LIKE2_ LIKE4_ LIKEC_ between || multiset member
PLZ solve this error
give this question answer asap
1. what is a single procedure?
2. suppose a view constructed on a query... after that in
the master table a column was dropped, then what will be the
status of that view? will it be invalid or something else?
3. what is mutating table error? how can you solve that problem?
4. suppose "select * from emp where empno=7788;" is running
slow because of what ever the cause it is.. how can you fix
it and make the execution faster?
5. will the snapshot of data will be stored in the RAM ,
where will ir be stored exactly.
6. how to delete 100 tables or 100000 tables' data from the
schema without writing delete statement for no.of times.
write an sql statement to do that job.
7. suppose a package contains so many cursors, procedures
and all.. and we are using such types of procedures so many
in a program. so the execution is to be stored all those
packages and all to the RAM. utimately it is using many
resources for each time execution. how can you reduce the
time and using of resources for each execution because the
query need to be run many times. how can you tune that?
8. suppose a procudere is there with specs as (a,b,c,d), all
of these are IN mode only then while calling them should we
pass all the 4 arguments? how to pass (b,c) only.. how ever
the specs are wrote in the same order displayed in the above?
9. a function is returning a table type, how to access that
function in a select statement?
10. i have a table in database A and another table in
database B, how can you access the data of these two tables?
write a query for that with dblinks.
11. i have two tables might have 15/20 columns in that.. i
wanna send these columns(table) to the front end application
for example you are using asp.net by writing a procedure.
write that to perform the above job.
12. shall we create a table in the package?
13. shall we create a table in the procedure?
14. suppose i have 10 records, in that i want to select 7th
record. write a query for that. cant you use rownum for this?
15. suppose my procedure has got around 20 select
statements, in that some three select statements are running
very slow. what will you write to detect which queries are
16. what fields you use frequently in plan_table?
17. what is pipeline function? explain me with an example.
18. does a unique column can contain more than one null?
19. how many hints are there provided by oracle?
Please tell me what is wrong in the below query:
function BeforePForm return boolean is
if :from_invoice_date is null OR :to_invoice_date is
elsif :gl_period is null then
aiv.INVOICE_DATE between :from_invoice_date
why the Ctl file u put only in bin folder why not in other
What would you do with an in-doubt distributed transaction?
1. Tell me about your self?
2. Latest Project Introduction?
3. Difference between server jobs and parallel jobs?
4. Seq-Seq Explain its behavior and execution mode
and which parallelism technique is used?
5. What is padding characters?
6. Seq-Seq, Seq-Copy-Seq which one is the best and
7. How many reject links do we have to a transformer?
8. How many reject links to join stage?
9. Difference between join and lookup?
10. How to design PX routine?
11. How can we call job in another job?
12. Difference between batch and sequencer?
13. Which Database is used?
14. What is change capture? Give briefing of that?
15. What is change Code? Explain?
16. How you call UNIX in Ds?
17. How do you call JCL in UNIX?
18. How do you pass the job status of one job to
another job? Have designed any job sequencer?
19. How do you find a file in existed directory?
20. How can you call parallel jobs in transformer?
21. Execution of jobs in command line?
22. Tuning of sql queries?
23. What is orchestrating metadata?
24. What are junk dimension?
25. What are the third party tools you are used?
26. What are the system variables you have used?
1. What is virtual dataset?
2. How do you handle reject link to a peek stage?
3. What is transaction table?
4. Which one is the efficient from the following?
a. ODBC enterprise b. Oracle enterprise
5. How can you extract data from excel sheet?
Do you know how to parameterize, this option?
6. Six pages of complex query I have, how do you
simplify this query?
7. Difference between dataset and lookup file set?