Net app interview questions
. Storage Fundamentals:
- what is Raid? What are different kind of Raids?
- Difference between all of Raids , Advantage of one
raid over other
- What are FCP & ISCSI, Difference between them.
- FC Topologies, Iscsi commands
- How to mount a Lun on Windows/Linux
- NFS and CIFS
- Difference between SAN, NAS and DAS
- Different Backup methodologies, Snapshot, mirror,
Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Cluster concepts
2. Network Fundamentals:
- TCP/IP and ISO/OSI layers
- What is DHCP, DNS, SNMP, Router, Hub, Switch, HTTPS ,
HTTP, telnet , ssh, rsh
- Different SNMP versions (V1, V2, V3)
- SNMP traps
- Ipv4 and Ipv6 addressing
- SQL queries, Joins (may ask you to write queries with
- Aggregate functions
- Schemas, Tables, views (create, delete, alter, drop
- Bug tracking process, Types of Bugs
- Difference between priority and Severity of Bug
- Your best bug , what will you do when your bug is not
- What is Functionality/Sanity/Stress/Upgrade &
revert/Performance/negative/Release test/regression tests.
How you have done these in your past projects.
- Black box testing, grey box testing
- May ask to write test cases on a given scenario
- What is test plan and test summary/strategy document.
Different sections in these documents.
- SDLC, Test Lifecycle and approach to test a product
(Given a product what different kind of testing you will do)
5. Perl ( in addition, you may be asked to write scripts
on below areas)
- Regular expressions
- File/Directory Handling
- Scalars, Arrays and Hashes
- Packages and Modules
- Use and require statements
- Go through Net::Telnet, Net::SNMP, Net::SSH modules in